5 Things to Know in Murrieta: June 10
Enjoy a blast from the past by joining Reading Cinemas at Cal Oaks for a showing of “The Godfather.”
By Typhanie Sharfner
1. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m. and after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be partly sunny with a high near 82. Tonight expect mostly clear skies with a low near 55.
2. Enjoy a blast from the past by joining Reading Cinemas at Cal Oaks for its “Forty Foot Films” movie night. On the agenda tonight: “The Godfather.” See your favorite classic film the way it was meant to be seen—on the big screen. The program include trivia and prizes. Ticket to the show are $7.50. Social hour begins at 6 p.m.; the film starts at 6:30 p.m.
3. Is your child a star? The Boys & Girls Club Idol is a collaborative event presented by the Rotary Club of Old Town Temecula, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest County and a dedicated group of community professionals. Beginning at 2 p.m. at The Promenade in Temecula, those ages 10-18 can audition to be the next idol. For more information and to download an audition form, click here.
4. While the big kids audition, take the little ones to see a family-friendly movie. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m. at 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. Today’s feature: “Sid the Science Kid: Backyard Campout.” For more information, click here.
5. Get your showers early! There will be a scheduled water shut down beginning tonight at 7 p.m. through 7 p.m. tomorrow, according to Anna Dye of the Rancho California Water District. The shut down is due to maintenance on a mainline and will affect parts of Jefferson Avenue between Date Street and Eastman Avenue. For more information, click here.
Related Topics: Boys and Girls Club Idol Audtions, Reading Cinemas, The Godfather, Things To Do, UltraStar Cinemas, Weather, and family-friendly movies
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE: http://murrieta.patch.com/articles/5-things-to-know-in-and-around-murrieta-today-june-10